5 things you didn’t know about cans (video)
We love cans, because they are small and you can take them with you any time. But there’s more to the small drink container. It has five superpowers you probably didn’t even know about.
1. The wall of today’s beverage can is as thin as a human hair
- We need less raw materials for the production of beverage cans!
- They weigh less, so it’s cheaper to transport
2. Cans are able to carry up to 1.000 times their own weight
- Beverage cans are unbreakable. You can even lift a car with four cans!
3. Cans are easily stackable
- Only 15% of space is lost when you stack cans op top of each other
4. Cans have a hermetic seal
- The taste of a drink will always be exactly the same
- Your drink is protected against external factors, such as gas, light, liquids, ...
5. Cans recycle forever
- About 80% of all metal ever produced is still in use today
- More than 75% of all beverage cans are recycled
- When we recycle beverage cans, it keeps its perfect quality
Metal Packaging Europe gives Europe’s rigid metal packaging industry a unified voice, by bringing together manufacturers, suppliers, and national associations. We proactively position and support the positive attributes and image of metal packaging through joint marketing, environmental and technical initiatives.
Stay up to date with more insights and subscribe to our mailing list >>