Metal Packaging Europe G.I.E. (Metal Packaging Europe) is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Metal Packaging Europe (hereafter “Metal Packaging Europe”, “we” or “our”) is an Economic Grouping / Group d’Intérêts Economiques, association sans but lucratif (Reg: 0879.108.030), whose registered office is established at 1000 Brussels, Square de Meeûs 40 (Belgium).
We mainly collect your information and personal data that we get directly from you:
- when you use our contact form: your first name, your last name, your e-mail address, the subject of your question and any correspondence between you and Metal Packaging Europe;
- when you sign up for our newsletter: your name, company, e-mail address and e-mail preferences;
- when you download content from our website: your name, company, association or university, position, purpose of use/request and your e-mail address;
- when you enter into a contest: depending on the contest but usually, your name and e-mail address;
- if you take part in a survey: depending on the survey but usually, your name and e-mail address;
- when you become a member: company information (such as your company name, the activities of your company and the address of your company) and personal information such as your title, your name, your position, your e-mail address and your telephone number;
- when you register for the annual general meeting: your contact details, attended meetings, food preferences, credit card information, account information, any comments, ...
Metal Packaging Europe processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to answer your questions and exchange information with you;
- to keep you informed about Metal Packaging Europe’s news and activities;
- to allow you to participate in a contest;
- to ask for your opinion in a survey;
- to register your membership;
- to offer you the membership advantages, including to send you invitations for membership events;
- to create an account to access our members intranet;
- to register your participation as a member in our annual general meeting;
- to personalise and optimise our websites and to keep them secure and protect them against cyber-attacks.
Regarding the processing of your personal data, Metal Packaging Europe relies on:
- the consent that you expressed, e.g. by ticking a box to this effect during your navigation on our site, or via another positive action from which your consent is inferred, e.g. by choosing to contact us via the contact form. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at all time (see question 10). This is for example the case when you ask us question or when you ask for information; when you subscribe to our newsletter (if you are not a member); when you participate in a contest or a survey;
- the collection of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. This is for example the case for the membership with Metal Packaging Europe and the associated advantages.
- In some cases, the processing of your data may also be necessary to realise a legitimate interest of Metal Packaging Europe, such as the interest of Metal Packaging Europe in informing its members of its news and activities or the interest of Metal Packaging Europe in personalising, optimising and securing tis websites.
Metal Packaging Europe shares your personal data with the following third parties:
- partners, such as national associations. You can find a list of the national associations with whom we may share member data at our website.
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our websites, such as marketing agencies, web hosting companies, mailing vendors, …
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our activities, such as the organisations of events (e.g. event agencies, event hosting services, hotels, …).
In addition, Metal Packaging Europe may be obliged to disclose your personal data if this is required by law or a court order.
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your data, which includes among other things that we conclude adequate contracts with our partners and service providers which impose confidentiality obligations on them.
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described in question 4 above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via service providers (as mentioned in question 5 above) established outside the EEA territory or because data are stored on a server located outside or accessible outside the EEA.
In this respect, Metal Packaging Europe is committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular via an adequacy decision under article 45 GDPR for the country to which data are transferred (including certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield), by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards.
In order to guarantee the security of your personal data we have set in place a series of security measures and safeguards. Your personal data is stored on secure networks that my only be accessed by a limited number of persons who undertake to respect and maintain its confidential nature.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
The collected data are kept as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described in question 4 above. We take into account the time that has passed since our latest contact with you. Personal data collected in the context of your membership with Metal Packaging Europe will be retained for the duration of the membership and a reasonable period thereafter.
In addition, you have the right to request a rectification of your data or the deletion of your data. Please refer in this regard to question 10 below.
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes. We provide a link to unsubscribe in every newsletter. By clicking on the unsubscribe link you will be redirected to the “preferences center”, where you can also access or adjust your personal data.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the address mentioned below. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
You may also review, update or delete your account by editing your account and profile settings in the registration area.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by e-mail at email@example.com;
- by mail at Metal Packaging Europe, for the attention of the data protection officer, Square de Meeûs 40, 1000 Brussels (Belgium); or
- by phone at the number +32 2 535 76 51 .