2 Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
3 Which personal data do we process about you?
4 For which purposes and on what legal basis do we process your personal data?
5 With whom do we share your personal data?
6 Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
7 How do we protect your personal data and how long do we keep your personal data?
8 What about links to other websites and social media?
9 What are your rights as a data subject?
10 How can you contact us?
Metal Packaging Europe is the controller for the processing of your personal data. This means that we determine for what purposes and with what means your personal data will be processed.
Metal Packaging Europe is an Economic Grouping / Group d’Intérêts Economiques, association sans but lucratif (Reg: 0879.108.030), whose registered office is established at 1040 Brussels, Avenue Des Arts 41 (Belgium).
We mainly collect your information and personal data that we get directly from you:
- when you contact us: any correspondence between you and Metal Packaging Europe;
- when you sign up for our newsletter: your name, company, email address and e-mail preferences;
- when you download content from our website: your name, company, association or university, position, purpose of use/request and your email address;
- when you enter into a contest: depending on the contest but usually, your name and email address;
- when you take part in a survey: depending on the survey but usually, your name and email address;
- when you apply to become a member: company information (such as your company name, the activities of your company and the address of your company) and personal information such as your title, your name, your position, your email address and your telephone number; or
- when you register for the annual general meeting: your contact details, attended meetings, food preferences, credit card information, account information, any comments, …
Metal Packaging Europe processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to answer your questions and exchange information with you;
- to keep you informed about Metal Packaging Europe’s news and activities;
- to allow you to participate in a contest;
- to ask for your opinion in a survey;
- to register your membership;
- to optimise our websites and to keep them secure and protect them against cyberattacks;
Regarding the processing of your personal data, Metal Packaging Europe relies on:
- the consent that you expressed, e.g. by ticking a box to this effect during your navigation on our site, or via another positive action from which your consent is inferred, e.g. by choosing to contact us via the contact form. In this case, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the future at all time (see question 9). This is for example the case when you ask us question or when you ask for information; when you subscribe to our newsletter (if you are not a member); when you participate in a contest or a survey;
- your request to take steps prior to entering into a membership contract; or
- our legitimate interests, such as the interest of Metal Packaging Europe in optimising and securing tis websites.
Metal Packaging Europe shares your personal data with the following third parties:
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our websites, such as marketing agencies, web hosting companies, mailing vendors, …
- service providers to provide services for us in relation to our activities, such as the organisations of events, e.g. event agencies, event hosting services, hotels, …
- attorneys and external advisors: in certain cases, we may transfer your personal data to attorneys and external advisors if this is necessary to give us advice or to defend our rights.
- supervisory authorities: in certain cases, we may transfer your personal data to police, judicial or other authorities if we believe that we are required to do so based upon the applicable legislation or regulation or based upon another lawful request or order.
- possible acquirers of Metal Packaging Europe or its assets in the unlikely event that (a part of) our activities would be taken over by a third party.
We are committed to ensuring the confidentiality of your data, which includes among other things that we conclude adequate contracts with our partners and service providers which impose confidentiality obligations on them.
Metal Packaging Europe keeps all your personal data on servers within the EEA. However, it is possible that service providers working for Metal Packaging Europe (as mentioned under Question 5 above) process your personal data outside the EEA.
In this respect, Metal Packaging Europe is committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular via an adequacy decision under article 45 GDPR for the country to which data are transferred (including certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield), by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards. If you have any question or would like more information in this regard, you can send a dated and signed request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metal Packaging Europe takes reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from destruction, loss, modification or any other unauthorised processing. Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes. We provide a link to unsubscribe in every newsletter.
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can direct your request based on the above rights to email@example.com or by post to the address mentioned below. We cannot handle your request without proof of your identity. Please note that the applicable legislation may impose conditions on exercising the above rights.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by e-mail at email@example.com;
- by mail at Metal Packaging Europe, Avenue des Arts 41, 1040 Brussels (Belgium); or
- by phone at the number +32 2 897 04 90.